Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yeah, I'm BLOGGING

Whodathunk it? I kinda like blogging to you guys. There is so much that I had in mind for today's blog. Now that I know people read, I'd like to keep you interested. I know my terrible typing won't do it. FYI. I am not a bad speller, just a bad typist. Anywho I have 3 pinched nerves and I am in a ridiculous amount of pain right now. I just took a percocet and am quite drowsy. But since I have been blogging for the past few consecutive days, I felt obligated to write something. i don't think that my OCD will allow me not too. Plus the Mavericks game is about to come on...I don't miss basketball:)

In the ETSY forums today there was a discussion about allowing racially and culturally offensive material on etsy. My stance on that could keep us all here for days. But believe me.....i will write about it soon *wink*. Nonetheless it did stay quite civil which I did not expect. I attribute that to the absence of a few key etsians that have a tendency to be troublemakers. Some people make points which I don't quite agree with, but they made them without being trampled, that was a triumph in etsy forums. You get the right poster at the right time and as where the help button is and their response is " up your as where you head should be for asking that question." I think that is by far the only draw back of ETSY. The forum Nazi's as I so love to call them.{Although I did ever so politely get in trouble for that by etsy admin. ( She was very nice about it:) I Love Etsy Admin, They work very hard) }Those are the people that sit in the forums and wait for people to post a repeat question, or post in the wrong section by mistake, or ask what they feel is a stupid or maybe put what they think is a silly idea in the idea section ...and then they trample them. Then you you have the poor followers with white coat syndrome because they think the people are some omniscient being because they have 200 sales or they are from Russia or where ever they hell ...some are just nosy buyer that has no idea what its like to be a new sell or a seller at all. They don't know any better so they all follow their ignorant ass lead. I've even had people convo me to tell me such and such is a trouble maker just leave it alone. When I was new in the forums I made the mistake of posting in the wrong thread. I still do it now from time to time. I am still quite new to etsy. Lets be clear, I'm not a rude woman. I'm rarely confrontational. But I'm hood all day. You come at me the wrong way theres problems. When I was attacked in the forums my first instinct was to be a bitch, which I am quite good at BTW. (only when provoked.) At the time I wasn't thinking about etsy as a business, it was a hobby, so my exact words were " I'm going to rip that chick." ( the one that started it) She was on my list. I was on a mission to do something bad. I had a plan for the masses. I'm not going to tell you, but it was good stuff. I almost did to through with it . Later that night I got a convo from an etsy veteran http://www.sewphisticate.etsy.com/ who said to me, "look, If you ever have questions just come to me. Convo me anytime" and she stuck to her word to this day. Some strangers on etsy have been nice to me than people in my life ever were...lol. My evil plan was foiled that day. Having taking my tagent around the world and back...

On another note, I made this today...
well I made 2 because I sell and I need one for me ( as usual). I make 2 at least 2 of everything at first. Usually 3 actually because I have a 16 year old sister...enough said.It goes with a clutch I made about a week ago . Uber Cuteness.

Okay... I have missed the 1st quarter of the Mavs/Rockets game and I am starting to doze. I promise we will talk more tomorrow.

Same bat time. Same bat channel.

Okay maybe not time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Etsy Nazi's ... you coined it with perfection :)

MyArtInProgress said...

Pinched nerves. Ouch.
I hope your sales on doing well on etsy, I used to sell on their about a year ago, due to moving and such I kind of put it off to the side, but hope to start up again this summer. But I still remember all the troubles makers that resided in the forums...